1) shoes that you plan to wear. The height of your heels is important for determining where the bottom of the sari should reach. Since some saris might be transparent, try to wear an underskirt too. The shoes should be elegant, like golden sandals.
2) Hold the sari so the fall is facing towards you. The fall is a long piece of unadorned cotton.
3) Wrap the sari around your waist and tuck it in once.
- 1. Wrap the sari around your waist and tuck it in once. The pallu (decorated side) should be on the outside.
- 2. Wrap it around again, but don't tuck it in. Pull the pallu until it is as long as your outstretched arm when your arm is by your side. Tuck it over your shoulder.
- 3. Tighten the cloth and tuck it in 3 to 4 inches to the left of your belly button.
4) Pleat it. Stretch your left hand and hold the cloth with your thumb and pinkie fingers. Wind the cloth with your right hand through the thumb and pinkie holding with alternating fingers. You should end with 5-6 pleats, but you can have more if your hands are small.
5) Tuck in your pleats. It is a good idea to pin the pleats together so that they stay in place the whole day. Generally speaking, 20 centimeters below the waist is a good basis
6) Drape the remaining fabric around yourself from left to right, and over your shoulder.